PEL PREP is a private ministerial association that does not function in the public domain and does not serve the general public. Business is only conducted with members of the PMA who must sign and abide by a contract between the members and the trustees of the organization.
We are a group of families seeking Christian homeschool community which includes, academic support, socialization, spiritual guidance and holistic care. We meet three days a week at Compass Church in the beautiful town of East Northport. Our association is blessed to support parents with a complete curriculum plan and the expertise of local educational mentors.
PEL Prep combines four distinctive elements:
Cultivation of joyful discovery
Each student is important to us at PEL Prep, and we see the part we play in their education as a true privilege. Read on to find out more about the benefits of our courses, or contact us to learn more.
PEL PREP will equip students to become discerning scholars, faithful leaders, compassionate servants, and instruments of light to the Long Island area and beyond.
PEL PREP seeks to partner with parents to prepare students for a lifelong pursuit of learning through classical methodology and joyful discovery; developing depth of character, wisdom, and a desire to engage their world for the glory of God.
To inspire each member of our community to live a life empowered by the gospel.
For the word of the Lord is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable,
if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
OUR VISION FOR STUDENTS
Desire to grow in knowledge, wisdom, and understanding
Develop a God-centered, Biblical worldview
Display Christ-honoring character and humility
Demonstrate respect and honor for their elders and fellow classmates
Learn to communicate persuasively and eloquently
OUR VISION FOR PARENTS
Assume the responsibilities of the primary educator of their children in each course of study
Live out their role as the most influential spiritual advisor for their children
Encourage one another in training children to glorify God
OUR VISION FOR EDUCATIONAL MENTORS
Display a love for God, a love for children, and a love of learning
Demonstrate a passion for classical education and excellence in all they do
Assist parents in their role as spiritual and academic teachers to their children
Cultivate effective communication skills to motivate and inspire students toward learning
Demonstrate Christ-honoring character and humility
Serve as a positive role model for students, parents, and the community
Founder, wife, mother of five, homeschool mom, BA in business from New York University Stern School of Business, passionate about sharing the way, the truth and the life with our students and their families
Associate director, upper grammar mentor, pursuing BS from Liberty University in Business, homeschooled through high school, passionate about Jesus, and educating children truthfully and beautifully
Lower grammar secondary mentor, wife, mother of three, studied children's ministry at Central Bible College, Former youth and children's pastor with her husband, current ministry director at Compass Church, lover of Jesus and His people
Lower grammar primary mentor, graduate of Liberty University with B.S. in elementary/special education, teacher licensure in NY State, passionate about teaching and learning in truth and love
Lower grammar secondary mentor, wife, mother of four, homeschool mom, dual MA in special/elementary education from Hofstra University, BA in business education from Frank G. Zarb school of business, children's ministry teacher at Compass Church.
Assistant, Homeschooled through highschool. Worship leader and lover of Jesus Christ
Middle grammar mentor, pursuing BS in psychology from Stonybrook University, board member and Sunday school administrator at Compass Church
Dialectic and rhetoric mentor, wife, mother of three, homeschool mom, BS in Microbiology from SUNY Plattsburgh, bible study leader at Gospel Community Church in Sayville
Middle grammar mentor. info to come
Art mentor. Homeschooled all 5 children. Was apprentice to renowned sculptor Joseph Mack at Huntington Fine Arts Workshop (Academy). Set designer, dance teacher. “I am living my dream to share my love for theater and art with PEL Prep students.”
Art mentor, professional graphic designer, homeschooled through high school, musician with the Compass worship team
Music mentor, BA in music education from Lee University, homeschooled through 9th grade, worship team coordinator and young adult ministry leader at Church on the Sound in Stonybrook
Assistant, pursuing a degree in early childhood education, homeschooled through high school, vocalist with the Gospel Community Church worship team
Assistant, homeschooled through high school, She has been teaching and choreographing dance for 4 years. Choreographer for GYTC. She absolutely loves what she does.
PEL Prep Ministries
By joining PEL Prep, a Private Membership Association and/or any website or Social Media Group started by, created by, maintained by, or organized by the Association, I agree to the terms and conditions of PEL Prep, a Private Membership Association.
1. This Association of members declares that our objective is to allow the Private Membership Association founders and all Private Membership Association members with a platform in which to conduct all manner of private business with the Association and with other Associations and Association members, keeping all business in the private domain and utilizing the protections guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the Constitution to conduct business in private and to provide a platform for members to conduct business in the private domain under all protections acknowledged and guaranteed by the Constitution of the UNITED STATES, and any protections guaranteed.
2. We believe that the Holy Scriptures, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the Constitution of the United States of America, the various constitutions of the several states of the union, and the Charter of Rights of Canada guarantees our members the rights of absolute freedom of religion, free speech, petition, assembly, and the right to gather together for the lawful purpose of helping one another in asserting our rights protected by those Constitutions, Charter and Statutes, in addition to the rights to be free from unreasonable search and seizure, the right to not incriminate ourselves, and the right to freely exercise all other unalienable rights as granted by our creator, our almighty God and guaranteed by those Constitutions, Charter, and Statutes. WE HEREBY Declare that we are exercising our right of “freedom of association” as guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the U.S. Constitution and equivalent provisions of the various State Constitutions, as well as the Charter of Rights of Canada. This means that our Association activities are restricted to the private domain only and outside of the jurisdiction of government entities, agencies, officers, agents, contractors, and other representatives as provided by law.
3. We declare the basic right of all of our members to decide for themselves which Association members could be expected to give wise counsel and advice concerning all matters including, but not limited to, physical, spiritual, and mental health care assistance, law, and any other matter and to accept from those members any and all counsel, advice, tips, whom we feel are able to properly advise and assist us.
4. We expect the freedom to choose and perform for ourselves the types of therapies and treatments that we think best for diagnosing, treating, and preventing illness and disease and for achieving and maintaining optimum wellness, as well as the freedom to choose for ourselves any types of assistance which may be made regarding law and any “other private business activity”.
5. The mission of this Association is to provide members with a forum to conduct business between members in the private domain with the protections guaranteed within the aforesaid Constitution and Charter remaining fully intact. I understand, as a member of PEL Prep, that there is no employee-employer relationship or contract and that I am a member, not an employee, of PEL Prep.
6. The Association will recognize any person(s), natural or otherwise (irrespective of race, color, or religion) who have joined the Association or any social media group organized, created, or managed by this Association and is in agreement with these principles and policies as a member of this Association, providing said person has not been sanctioned, exercised, or otherwise banned by the Association, and will provide a medium through which its individual members may associate for actuating and bringing to fruition the purposes heretofore declared.
7. Membership to this Association, “PEL Prep,” and any of its groups may be terminated by the association Trustees or their designee, at any time, should they conclude that a specific member is interacting with them or any other members in a way that is contrary or detrimental to the focus, principles, and betterment of the Association.
8. I understand that, since The Association is protected by the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, it is outside the jurisdiction and authority of Federal and State Agencies and Authorities concerning any and all complaints or grievances against The Association will be settled by an Association designee, committee, or tribunal and will be waived by the member for the benefit of The Association and its members. By agreeing to this membership form, I agree that I have sought sufficient education to determine that this is the course of action I want to take for myself.
9. I agree to join PEL Prep, a private membership association under common law, whose members seek to help each other achieve better health and good quality of life. I am voluntarily changing my capacity from that of a public person to that of a private member. My activities within The Association are a private contractual matter that I refuse to share with the Local, State, or Federal investigative or enforcement agencies. I fully agree not to pursue any course of legal action against a fellow member of The Association, unless that member has exposed me to a clear and present danger of substantive evil, and upon the recommendation and approval of the Association.
10. I enter into this agreement of my own free will without any pressure or coercion. I affirm that I do not represent any Local, State, or Federal agency whose purpose is to regulate and approve products or services, or to carry out any mission of enforcement, entrapment or investigation. I have read and understood this document, and my questions have been answered fully to my satisfaction. I understand that I can withdraw from this agreement and terminate my membership in this association at any time, and that my membership can and will be revoked if I engage in abusive, violent, menacing, destructive, or harassing behavior towards any other member of The Association. These pages consist of the entire agreement for my membership in The Association. I understand that membership fees are nonrefundable and that all fees are subject to change and are at the discretion of, and determined by, the Trustees.